ASP.NET MVC 4 Developer Preview Release
Microsoft has announced ASP.NET MVC4 Developer Preview Release. The number of new features have been included, you can take the updated information from http://www.asp.net/mvc/mvc4
For running the ASP.NET MVC4 in your machine you have Visual Studio 2010 or above of it, as below you can find the links where the ASP.NET MVC4 can be download
As per the release note here is some new features have been included.
- Provide new Default Project Templates for MVC4 .At this time MVC 4 template comes with new look and feel which gives ease to learn lot of new things. The Login and Register screens using Jquery Dialog Plugin which shows really cool look in your website.
- Second Project template for mobile or tablet applications. Jquery Mobile script has been incorporated with it and you can take full advantage of it while doing development.
- Another great addition of Concept of Display Modes which offers the idea about that, the request comes from desktop machine or mobile and then it will show the view of website as per the device nature.
- The new Recipe feature gives great power and ease to Developer for writing code generation plugin using NUGET
- If you are using C#5 (or using the Async CTP).so you can able to write asynchronous action methods as single methods which return back you Task or Task<ActionResult> object.
There are also some known pending issues where you can take list of them from here
At the last I must say that, as per the ASP.NET MVC 4 Roadmap documentation, it’s just an initial preview and I hope so some of great new features will be incorporated in near future.